Metal isn’t like other genres of music. It’s much more impactful and vicious. Naturally, your instruments have to reflect that. You can’t expect to get that from every cymbal. They need to reflect the ferocious beats of metal to keep up.
However, it’s hard to find out which ones fit the metal style and which ones don’t. That’s where we come in. We’ll help you pick up the best cymbals for metal there is. Go through each of our reviews, and you’ll find the ideal banging cymbals for your band.
So, let’s turn on the amps, pick up your drumsticks, and jam into the list for the top cymbals in the market.
5 Best Cymbals for Metal Reviews
There are many fantastic cymbals out there, but these 8 are just out of this world. They’re perfect for metal, and we’ll go over all the little details on our reviews.
1. Paiste 2002 Classic Cymbal Sound Edge Pair Hi-Hat 14-inch[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B0002F6WTG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51BbQ5c21OL.jpg” width=”500″]That’s right, we’re already starting off with the big guns. These awesome Paiste hi-hats are everything you need to give your music that extra punch. It utilizes classic 2002 bronze to offer a fantastic blend of quality and reverb. You also get a wide range of sounds with every little beat.
It goes from medium-soft to very loud for a flexible range to boost your performances. The sound is undeniably clear and impactful to deliver the perfect level of oomph to every sound. It manages to be both warm and high energy. There’s not much that can go wrong with this fantastic cymbal.
Many people complain about their hi-hats lacking sustain. Sometimes, we want our sounds to linger to enhance our music. Thankfully, this Paiste model does exactly that. You can maintain sustain as long as you want. Your audience will feel the reverb in their ears and their hearts.
All-in-all, this is a fantastic model that’s well worth the price. You’re not even restricted to metal since it offers such a huge range of sounds and effects. There’s no doubt that this is among the greatest cymbals you can find.
- Long sustain for superior performances
- Great range of sounds for added flexibility
- Made from top-tier 2002 bronze
- High durability can handle a ton of force
- Might be out of budget for some
2. Meinl 16″ China Cymbal – Classics Custom Extreme Metal[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00716CXGA” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51x9Y9L3A+L.jpg” width=”498″]China Cymbals are usually affordable, durable, and sound amazing. This spectacular model from Meinl is no exception. In fact, they have a solid reputation for producing some of the best china cymbals for metal. That doesn’t mean that this one is exceptionally special.
Let’s start off with a brilliant finish. Just from one look, it’s easy to tell just how stylish this hi-hat is. It boasts a unique design with many small touches that make it a lot more memorable.
The outstanding B10 alloy builds are incredibly unique. That’s not enough, though. Meinl added a fantastic finish to boost both its sound durability.
If you want cymbals with a ton of punch to it, this hi-hat is here to provide it. The China cymbal delivers a ton of vicious attack that makes it perfect for any metal band. With every beat, you’ll leave an unerasable impression on your audience.
Lastly, we’ll need to discuss how fantastic it is to use. Any drummer will feel at home due to just how easy it is to strike. Yes, it feels easy to strike and activate. This is due to its large lip design to enable better force distribution. So, you won’t have to strike it as hard either, increasing its durability in the process.
- The spectacular layout enables easier use
- Strong finish enhances durability and sound
- Delivers extremely punchy beats with high attack
- Generates a ton of noise
- It’s not very good for quieter sounds
3. Meinl 16″ Crash Cymbal – Classics Custom Extreme Metal[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00716CVZS” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51SpRYFIVeL.jpg” width=”500″]We’ve discussed a China cymbal, so it’s only fair to recommend a crash hi-hat next. We’ll admit up-front; this is one of the best hi-hats we worked with. From its sound to its finish, it barely lacks anything. This beast has earned its reputation as one of the best crash cymbals for metal there is. Let’s see why.
We’re astounded by just how much clarity this instrument can deliver. Every ring is outstandingly clear and pleasant. At the same time, its design allows it to deliver a strong attack. When combined, the two features synergize and deliver outstanding music that’ll compel a lot of headbangs.
Let’s not forget just how explosive the sounds are. If you want to be impactful, then Meinl will help you do it. You won’t have to worry about how loud your music is; the cymbals will cut through it and reach your audience. This also allows it to blend seamlessly with your music.
Another plus is its outstanding build quality. Much like the previous Meinl model, it’s made from top-quality B10 alloy with a fantastic finish to drastically improve its sound quality. As such, you get it all, clarity, attack, and ferocity. What more can you ask for?
- Incredibly clear sound
- High durability due to superior build quality
- Loud volume blends well with other music
- Offers tough and gritty attack for unique sounds
- Low-end tones are somewhat limited
Also Check: Best Slow Dance Songs
4. Paiste Alpha Brilliant Cymbal Metal Ride 20-inch[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”374″ identifier=”B003JG0V3I” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41L3LOL89-L.jpg” width=”500″]If you’re looking for premium cymbals, Paiste is where to find them. Each of their instruments is top of the line and expertly engineered. They always bring a crisp and high-energy sound to your music, something you can hardly find anywhere else. So, what does the Alpha bring to the table?
First off, it’s massive. It’s the largest hi-hat we have on the list at about 20-inches. You get an astounding degree of resonation that cuts beautifully. This is perfect for stage performances because of its massive reach and quality. The audio is also fantastic for hard rock and metal.
Each tone is eloquently defined. You can physically feel each ring resonate in your body. Cymbals like this are what makes a concert experience so exhilarating. This kind of crisp and energetic sounds blend spectacularly with metal and lets you rip the stage up.
The Alpha metal series has a vast range of volume. You’re not just limited to metal and rock, but R&B and pop as well. So, if you want to deepen your musical horizon, you know which model to take.
- Extremely crisp and clear sound
- Fantastic volume range
- Quality tonal definition
- Durable 2002 Bronze build
- Its size might make it too big for smaller drum sets
5. Meinl 18″ China Cymbal – Classics Custom Extreme Metal[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”498″ identifier=”B00716CXHY” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51nJRHEhQ6L.jpg” width=”500″]For our last entry, we’re keeping the Meinl trend going. We’re introducing you to the largest china Cymbal on this list. As such, it packs a stronger punch than you could imagine. It can decimate a stage with its incredible intensity, attack, and unrelenting volume.
The previous models also utilize Meinl’s classic B10 alloy to deliver high durability and outstanding sounds. That’s due to their hammered and lathed finish to enhance its bright and fierce sounds with a strong and gritty attack. Really, it’s not hard to go wrong with this impressive hi-hat.
Trust us when we say that this cymbal gets loud. Very loud. Each punch reverberates your soul just because of how intense they can get. It’s incredible; the sounds and sensations are perfect for a massive performance. Its power and precision are incredible to improve any metal tune.
Meinl’s extreme metal series is iconic, and their 18-inch china cymbal is beyond anything we could’ve possibly excepted. It plays like a dream and will distort your standards of a good hi-hat. Simply put, once you get your hands on one of these bad boys, there’s no going back.
- Offers gritty attack that’s perfect for metal
- Delivers a unique combination of precision and overwhelming power
- B10 alloy grants unparalleled durability
- High volume and aggressive sound
- Volume might feel a bit hard to control for some
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use Jazz drums for metal?
Answer: You can, but their beat and sounds won’t be very compatible with metal. It’s ideal to get a drum set and cymbals that are made for the genre.
Q: What is a china cymbal?
Answer: The china-type cymbals are ones that have smaller resonance. It instead focuses on delivering highly explosive, violent, and dark tones to make them more suited for rock and metal genres. They’re more suited for riding.
Q: What is a crash cymbal?
Answer: Drumbeats occasionally require a loud crash sound for accents. That’s where crash-type cymbals come in. They produce a large crashing sound and are often part of the end of a beat. They’re not easy to ride.
Q: How many Cymbals should I have on my drum kit?
Answer: You’ll want four cymbals. This includes a ride, a crash, and two hi-hats.
Q: Can I settle with one hi-hat?
Answer: You can. However, you’ll be much more effective with 2, and you’ll perform much better.
We’ve finally gone through all the outstanding cymbals. How you choose to configure your drumkit is up to you. However, you now know exactly what to get to set your stage on fire with smooth rides and resonating crashes with the help of the best cymbals for metal.
Your legendary journey begins here. The stage awaits for the eclipsing crashes of your cymbals!