Looking at your nicely painted nails, it is likely that your adorable little baby might also want to paint his or her nails. Children sometimes want to have some silly harmless fun because, well, they are children!
But as a mother, you may worry about painting your child’s nails because of the chemicals and children’s tendency of putting their hands in their mouths. Well, your days of worrying are over. Continue reading to find out about some of the safest nail polish for babies.
As a parent, you surely will love these nail paints that are safe, non-toxic, and fun for your child.
#List of the Best Nail Polish For Kids – Our Editor’s Pick:[amazon bestseller=”nail polish for kids” items=”5″ template=”table”]
Before You Buy What to Look for The Best Nail Polish For Kids
We know that you carry out thorough research before giving your child anything new. Nail polish is no different either. Only for you, we have constructed this detailed guide regarding what to look for before buying nail polishes for your precious little one.
Keep on reading to get a detailed understanding.
i. The Ingredient List
As children have delicate skin and nails, making sure that the nail polish has no harmful ingredients is very crucial. A lot of children have the habit of putting their hands in their mouths. If the nail polish has harmful ingredients, it would greatly harm their sensitive health.
Always read the ingredient list, do thorough research, and make sure that no toxic ingredient is present.
ii. Removing the Polish
Make sure you know about the methods of removing the nail polish you buy. We strongly suggest not to purchase something that needs to be removed by acetone. Acetone is a harmful chemical that will hinder the healthy growth of your baby’s nails and cuticles.
Furthermore, it has been linked with some seriously dangerous health issues.
iii. Edible Nail Polish
Believe it or not, there are nail polishes made of edible ingredients that are absolutely safe for your kids. We know that most kids tend to put their hands in their mouths a lot. With this nail polish, you can stay assured and worry-free.
No matter how many times your baby put their hands in their mouth, or even if they actually eat the nail polish, it will not be harmful at all.
iv. Trust Certifications
One way to know if you can trust the nail polish is to look at its certifications. FDA certification is something you can put your trust in. A nail polish that is certified by the FDA is not likely to contain any harmful ingredients.
v. Careful with Glitters and Sparkles
We know the little girls love to paint their nails with glitters and sparkles. If you purchase a nail polish with glitter in it, you need to check several things.
First off, if the nail polish is not of good quality and comes off easily, it is highly likely that your child may end up putting the glitter in their mouth. If the glitter chunks are bigger, they may harm your baby’s delicate skin.
Nail polishes with low quality glitter cannot contain it properly. They will end up spreading the glitter everywhere.
Top 10 Best Nail Polish For Kids Review
Without further ado, let’s jump into the nail polish reviews of some of the safest nail colors for babies. Both you and your baby will surely love them.
1. OPI Pink Nail Lacquer[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B000NG6D7K” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41a7niQzWjL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
OPI is a well-known brand with many positive ratings and reviews. Most ladies have used at least one OPI nail polish during their lifetime.
Choose from a wide range of colors and stay assured about the safety of your beloved child. A wide assortment of colors is one of OPI’s main features. From over 44 unique shades of pink, there is definitely something that you and your child will love.
Designed to be very easy to apply and even easier to remove, this OPI nail lacquer is very kid-friendly. You can put it on your child’s nails both with and without a topcoat. The color and the shine will stay for up to 7 days. This means you will not have to reapply too frequently.
The OPI nail lacquer is also budget-friendly and worth the money. Just a little bit of the polish goes a long way. All the colors have their own creative and fun names.
If your child is a little older, you can choose a color and play fun word games with her at the same time. The Mod About You shade is a beautiful shimmery shade that will let your little girl channel her inner princess.
- Extremely wide range of colors to choose from
- Easy and quick apply with hassle-free removing
- Lasts for a long time
- Has fun and interesting names
- Contains no harmful ingredient
- Not specifically made for kids
[amazon fields=”B000NG6D7K” value=”button”]
2. PUEEN Nail Color with Latex Tape Peel Off Cuticle Guard Skin Barrier[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B016LIABMQ” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41ZfY6gvbXL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Moms will surely love this safe nail paint that ensures mess-free application and removal.
The Pueen nail polish is the best nail polish for toddlers, as it can be applied on nails without making any fuss. Its mess-free application will have you loving it for years to come. Brush the latex along your baby’s cuticle and let it dry.
This will help minimize mess and reduce clean-up afterwards. After it has dried, simply apply the nail polish, wait for it to dry, and pull off the cuticle protector.
The latex can also be used on the nails as a base for glitter and sparkle paints. It can be peeled off, which means less clean-up for you. This latex protector and base coat in one is a multitasker when it comes to nail art.
Considering its quality and the things it can do, it is a great value for money. To ensure that it does not hurt your precious baby, it contains no harmful materials. No matter what type of cream or glitter nail polish your kid loves, do not forget to store this mess-free nail paint applier.
- Helps apply nail polish in a mess-free way
- Doubles as a base coat for glitter polish and glitter bomb
- Extremely good value for money
- Does not contain harmful material
- Not suitable for kids who are allergic to latex
- Ammonia material in it has an odd odor
[amazon fields=”B016LIABMQ” value=”button”]
3. Sally Hansen – Good. Kind. Pure Vegan Nail Polish[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B08148KTJS” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/31l+sINfWwL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Sally Hansen is another iconic brand that most of us are familiar with. With quality nail polish, wide range of colors, and long-lasting performance, they will win both your and your baby’s hearts.
We bring this recommendation especially for our vegan readers. Even the brushes for application are made of vegan materials, which we know you will appreciate. This vegan kids friendly nail polish will make your baby happy, while also teaching her about compassion for the environment.
The Good Kind Pure collection from Sally Hansen comes in 30 unique and vibrant shades. You will definitely find something suitable for you and your baby. We love the Crystal Blue shade in particular, because it looks perfect on little girls of various ages.
Feel extra safe when your baby is wearing this nail polish, as it is free from 16 harmful and toxic materials. The color lasts for 4 days, which is a long enough time. You will have to apply the polish less frequently.
- Nail polish with brush bristles and colors made from vegan materials
- Colors last up to 4 days
- Does not include 16 harmful ingredients
- Has 30 vibrant beautiful shades
- Not suitable for kids with acrylic allergy
[amazon fields=”B08148KTJS” value=”button”]
4. OPI Blue Nail Lacquer[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01E5TRQIA” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41EFVjPWO3L.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Take a look at another nail polish for little girls from OPI, the iconic and customer-loved brand. Choose from a wide assortment of extraordinarily beautiful blue colors of this children’s nail polish.
17 iconic and unique blue colors are at your disposal to choose from. From beautiful baby blues to sparkling glitter blues, this collection has it all. We love the shade ‘It’s a boy’. It is light enough for your baby, yet bright enough to ensure that she has some fun.
You can apply this color with and without a base coat – whichever you prefer. The fun names of the shades will teach your child some new words. This nail polish is a good value for money. It lasts for up to 7 days. After that, simply remove it with a nail lacquer remover.
This nail polish kit for kids does not chip easily, which means there is less chance of it getting into your baby’s mouth.
- 17 unique and beautiful blue shades
- Nail color does not chip
- Lasts for up to 7 days and needs less frequent application
- Can be applied both with and without a base coat
- The smell of the nail polish may be overwhelming for a baby
[amazon fields=”B01E5TRQIA” value=”button”]
5. The Modelones Store Gel Nail Polish[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B082WTMV9P” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41H73hqxHLL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
These vibrant and long-lasting nail polishes from Modelones are every nail polish lover little girl’s dream come true. The versatility of these colors and the unique nature will make you love them too.
Your baby will absolutely love this child safe nail polish that can be turned into a matte kind with the matte topcoat. The 1950s retro-inspired Morandi style colors are so much more stylish than regular ones.
These Modelones nail polishes come in a set of 6 bright colors. You and your baby will certainly love spending time playing mix and match with the colors. This is a perfect kit to create salon-like experience at home.
Furthermore, this nail polish is very suitable for babies; as it has been certified to be safe by the European regulation (EC). The absence of any harsh ingredients will keep your baby’s delicate skin safe, while the low odor will never make her uncomfortable.
- Comes as a set of 6, so good value for money
- Contains no harmful ingredients and low on odor
- Certified to be safe by the EC
- Applying it is time-consuming and involves several steps
[amazon fields=”B082WTMV9P” value=”button”]
6. Townley Girl Disney Princess Non-Toxic Peel-Off Nail Polish Set[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B075Y9R1TK” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61ROlQyd18L.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
This Disney princess nail polish set from Townley is what little girls’ dreams are made of. Your baby will love to play with these and have these colors on her nails.
You can rely on this polish, and your baby will adore it. This 18-color set includes both glittery and solid color nail polishes. Spend some healthy playtime with your baby mixing & matching the endless options. No matter what the occasion is, there will be something for your baby.
Specially formulated for kids, all the nail polishes from this set are non-toxic, water-based, and bubble gum scented. These harmless nail colors are undoubtedly the best nail polish for babies. They will make playtime more fun. Those of you with naughty babies will love its quick-drying feature.
Most nail polish removers have harmful ingredients in them. As this Townley nail polishes can be peeled off, you need not use any polish remover at all. We especially love this washable nail polish for kids more than the others, as it has been made keeping children in mind.
- Especially made for children
- Comes with 18 colors; and also has glitter polishes
- Safe from any harmful materials and odor
- Dries quickly to save you from potential clean-up hassle
- No remover is needed to remove it
- Price is on the higher side
- Comes off during bath time
[amazon fields=”B075Y9R1TK” value=”button”]
7. Gellen Gel Colors Nail Polish Set – Baby Pinks Series[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B078NVHL75″ locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41WozNmzqWL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Let’s have a look at another nail color set that offers great wear and non-toxic performance at a significantly low price. This baby pink series will become your baby’s favorite in just a few days.
To start off, this gel nail polish set comes with 6 different colors. The glitter colors can be applied alone or on top of a solid color –whichever your baby loves. The mirror-shine finish makes them attractive and stylish.
Very few nail polishes are as safe as these Gellen ones. This environmentally friendly nail polish is non-toxic, made from healthy ingredients. To make sure that babies do not feel uncomfortable, it has very low odor.
If applied correctly, it will last for up to 2 weeks; thus reducing reapplying hassles for you. To remove it, you simply need some nail polish remover.
- 6 different colors in one single set
- Very good value for money
- If applied properly, will last for up to 2 weeks
- Environment-friendly and contains no harmful ingredient
- Low odor that will not make babies uncomfortable
- Application process is extremely time consuming and complicated
[amazon fields=”B078NVHL75″ value=”button”]
8. Townley My Little Pony Kids Washable Peel-Off Nail Polish Set[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B0756M3TC9″ locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51MEDm9yWuL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Let’s take a look at another nail polish set from Townley. This one is My Little Pony themed. If your baby loves the cartoon show, or just ponies in general, this will be a perfect plaything for her.
Use this super cute yet helpful nail polish set to have fun playtimes with your adorable baby girl. This set comes with 18 different shades of nail polish, ranging from sunny yellow to glittery blue. If you get bored of the same-color nails, simply mix and match with the colors of your choice.
Especially made keeping babies in mind, it is perfectly safe for babies over 3 years. The non-toxic and water-based formula ensures that you never have to worry about exposing your child to anything harmful.
Additionally, the quick-drying feature prevents your baby from getting nail polish stain on household items and furniture. This fast drying nail polish for toddlers can be removed by peeling off, which reduces your baby’s contact to harmful and odor-filled nail polish remover.
All in all, this surely is the best nail polish for kids ever!
- Themed nail polish set with 18 different colors
- Safe for babies over 3 years
- Made with non-toxic harmless materials
- Dries down quickly and can be peeled off to remove
- Color does not last long
[amazon fields=”B0756M3TC9″ value=”button”]
9. Beetles Blue Jean Baby Collection Glitter Gel Nail Polish Set[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B083SMVJ8B” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51k5juVOFeL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
Set some time aside for a playdate with your little girl using these beautiful royal blue nail polishes. If you are bored with pinks, yellows, reds, and pastels, these beautiful shades of blue will cheer and your baby right up.
This Beetles kids nail polish set comes in a set of 6 blue colors – 3 solid shades and 3 glitter nail polishes. Mix, match, and play with them according to your baby’s mood. It is perfectly safe for your child’s delicate skin, as it is made of 9 non-toxic ingredients. Also, it is very low on odor.
Six colors at such a low price provides very good value for money.
Nail polishes from Beetles are known to be long-lasting. This one is no different either. Apply it following the instructions provided. Do not forget to cure under UV light for 90-120 seconds. After that, it will last for at least 3 weeks. Reapplying frequently will not be a necessity with this nail paint.
- Set contains six nail polishes – 3 solid color and 3 glitter polishes
- Lasts for at least 3 weeks if applied properly
- Made with non-toxic materials and is low on odor
- Good value for money
- Applying this polish takes a lot of time
[amazon fields=”B083SMVJ8B” value=”button”]
10. butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01ALDXI68″ locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/414k5ARHQvL.jpg” tag=”lovecarlo-20″ width=”500″]
We bring this recommendation for the moms and dads who do not mind spending a little extra for their little babies. Butter London makes quality nail polish that is rich in quality & long lasting. The performance justifies their price.
Put your undivided trust in this nail polish, because it has been featured in Forbes.com as the ‘Best Non-Toxic Nail’. This undeniably is the best non toxic nail polish for kids. It will not harm their delicate skin at all.
There are 21 available shades, all of which will be perfect for your baby. Our personal recommendation is the shade ‘Coming Up Roses’, a beautiful shade of pink that will look gorgeous on your baby.
These nail polishes contain ingredients that are proven to improve the strength and health of nails. As the color lasts up to 10 days, you do not have to worry about reapplying them frequently. The chip-resistant and fade-resistant formula will certainly make you adore it.
- Contains ingredients that improve the strength and health of nails
- Featured in Forbes as best non-toxic
- Color lasts up to 10 days
- Resisting to chipping and fading
- On the pricier side
[amazon fields=”B01ALDXI68″ value=”button”]
After reading about some of the most beautiful and safest nail polish for babies, we hope that you have finally decided on which ones you will get for your little one. Hope that you can enjoy fun playdates using non-toxic nail colors with your precious little baby!